As the morning update from La Gomera Island shows some improvement, while not yet under control, the fire-fighters have managed to stop the advance of the fire that has been burning for the last 9 days there, we are told the terrible news fire has now broken out in the Lomo Alto area of Los Realejos county Tenerife.
Fire-fighting teams from the Cabildo, Parque Nacional, Bomberos, Policía Local and Guardia Civil who are already on the scene, are now being joined by 3 hydroplanes that have been able to leave the La Gomera fire, together with 3 helicopters from the Tenerife Cabildo and the Canarian Government and a Guardia Civil helicopter which is co-ordinating operations.
- Updates 10-30am
- The Tenerife Cabildo has reported that one of the fronts of the Los Realejos fire which started around 3-30 am in la Cruz del Castaño is now under control.
- The TF 21 road from La Caldera to Portillo is closed to the public.
- The advance of the fire in La Gomera has been halted, ground teams have been working through the night.
- 4 state provided hydroplanes and 3 helicopters from the Canarian government will remain fighting the La Gomera fire.
- Weather conditions are more favourable today; 30% humidity and slightly lower temperatures of between 26-28 C with a light wind from the N NE.
- Smoke which can be seen from Arafo in Tenerife, is the result of smoke from existing fires being carried there by prevailing trade-winds. Contrary to some unofficial reports there is no fire in the North East part of the island.
- Update 11-30am
- The Hydroplanes have returned to the La Gomera fire after dropping water to help stabilize the Los Realejos fire.
- Update 12.30
- the Tenerife Cabildo have announced that the whole perimeter of the Los Realejos fire is now stabilized . Approximately 12 hectares of vegetation have been affected.
- Update 3pm
- Outbreak of fire in La Esperanza (La Montañeta) at El Rosario above La Laguna. Cabildo workers, fire-fighters and local police in attendance.
- Two pines affected in the first round of forest fires are still smouldering at Chirche fire fighting crews have been despatched.
- Donations To La Gomera Fire Fund
- La Gomera Fire – Update 2pm
- La Gomera Fire – Some Hope This Morning
- La Gomera Fire – Incalculable Ecological Damage.
- Vallehermoso and Valle Gran Rey Evacuated
- La Gomera Fire Restarts And Out Of Control
- Firestarter Suspect Fast Tracked To Four Months In Prison
- Tenerife Fire Update