Local Police Injured In Gas Bottle Explosion In Puerto Santiago

February 20, 2015

fireTwo local policemen from the Santiago del Teide force, were injured yesterday evening when a gas cylinder exploded inside a house Calle Bermeano Puerto de Santiago

The two officers were helping the Santiago del Teide Volunteer Firefighters to extinguish a fire in a private house located near the Pancras Socas Sports Complex when the accident occurred at around 5pm.

Apparently an electrical short circuit caused a fire that in turn caused the butane gas cylinder to explode.

The injured were treated by emergency services on site and then transferred to hospital where they have been under observation for 24 hours.